Hey Y'all... Spring has Sprung! and I'm sooo glad !so I started taking out some stuff getting ready for spring... So I started with the dining room..
I just LOVE these cupcake plates found them at Rite Aid of all places...
I like these plates also got them as a birthday gift awhile back along with the cake stand..
here is a back view of the tablescape...
couldn't believe it when I found this little teapot in Goodwill it needs some TLC poor thing has a crack in the back and no lid but I've given it a good home :)...
lately I've started to collect cookie jars that I can use as acessories I guess because of the size of them and they're 3 dimensional..the rabbit came from Cracker Barrel a friend spotted him for me...the large egg is from my favorite store (the angels are singing) "Hobby Lobby" I love that store!
Later on I'll post some pics of what I put in the hutch pretty soon I'm gonna have to knock out a wall if I keep on "finding" stuff...oh well...knock out a wall it will be :). I hope everyone has a Blessed Week! Happy Decorating, Andrea
1. Pick one room or closet that needs organizing and just do it. The next time you open the door, it will make you just that much happier to know everything’s in its place.
2. Get some wall art, mirrors or sconces and decorate your living room or bedroom. Our design team particularly likes using objects out of context, like displaying unique serving dishes on the walls of a bathroom. If you need some help, try our handy Wall Art Decorator, which lets you try out a new look virtually - just upload a photo of your room.
3. Rearrange your room(s). Move furniture around to give your old living room a new feel. Or if you’re really feeling adventurous, swap rooms entirely (ex: switch the guest bedroom with the study).
4. Clean those pots and pans with the stubborn burns and caked-on food that you’ve been putting off. Plug in some music, get a few tips from the Community, and go after it.
5. Add an area rug or runner. These come in so many beautiful colors, and do wonders for brightening up a room, not to mention keeping your tootsies warm. Don’t be afraid of putting rugs on top of carpet – there’s no rule against it, and it can sometimes turn out really well.
6. Now, especially, you can do the whole family a favor and install insulated curtains. Their heavier fabric and thermal coating help keep out the cold and (especially at night) blocks light from streaming in. Not only will you be warmer, it will help cut down your electricity bill.
7. Replace your pillows. Studies show that 10% of the weight of a 2-year old pillow is dead skin cells, oils, and dead dust mites. These things can’t come out of a pillow through washing, so experts recommend replacing them every 6 months to 2 years (depending on quality).
8. Flip your mattress. Experts recommend flipping your mattress every six months, so if you haven’t already, you should do so. This prevents the mattress from becoming misshapen and giving you back problems.
9. Change your bedding. Switching out your duvet cover, throw pillows and sheets for a different fabric or pattern breathes new life into the bedroom. Adding some accent pillows or a quilt can also give the bed a more homey feel. With complete bed sets available from just $29.99, there's no excuse not to.
10. Thoroughly clean your towels. With the new ultra concentrated detergents, it is easy to put in too much when doing the laundry, without even knowing it. This leaves towels less absorbent over time (fabric softener does the same thing!). If you notice your towels don't quite dry you off like they used to, or if they’ve acquired a musty mildew odor and/or are stiff, wash them in their own load using hot water. Then place in the dryer on high heat. If they’re still not better, it’s time to get new towels. We suggest the Country Living towels for how soft, absorbent and quick-dry they are.
Decorated dining hutch for Valentines Day
with just a few cards,glasses,empty candy
boxes that I've kept over the years...those
Whitman Sampler candy boxes make great
I realized that I didn't have a Valentine flag
out of all the flags that I have...looked online
but the ones I liked seemed really expensive
so I decided to check a local store and glad I
did ...purchased this one for half the price! now
I like that...half price!!
this heart is actually a wreath I use to put on the
front door...decided to switch it up a bit...
We had a little snow threat but I'm glad it went around us
y'all I'm sooo ready for spring!Hope everyone has a GREAT
weekend and a Happy Valentines Day! I told my hubby
NO CHOCOLATE! jewelry instead *wink*
Our Front Porch...
I am still SO pleased that I decided to
paint my front door RED!
Last year I wanted some prelight presents and
found these at a local store I was so impressed
with them and I'm glad I didn't have to drive far
to purchase them they are absolutely beautiful
I ALWAYS have to change out my flags...it's a MUST!
creates something "new" for my porch not matter
this little quilt came from Walmart and it has it's
own carrying bag! NEAT NEAT!!
I still feel like this hutch is missing something..maybe
it's the background paneling that I need to paint!!
I am really pleased with the way this tablescape turned out! LOVE
my Slatkin figurals!!! from Bath and Body Works :)
I hope you've enjoyed the pictures! i didn't get to show
you the family room because that seems to be a work
in progress for some reason.
I'm a busy mom & wife who loves to decorate around the house I'm always switching things around constantly. Although I do work outside the home I can always find time to decorate & shop so I can mix things up!